Ah Fall! Temperatures are slowly dropping and pumpkin beers have arrived both in shelves and in your brew kettles. Oktoberfest celebrations are happening every weekend, and the ASH Fall Festival is only weeks away. And, our ASHy Best Of award nominations are now open.
It will be a busy seven weeks for ASH, all culminating at the ASH Holiday party. Plans are being finalized and we hope to announce details soon. Finally, not to be overlooked, it is also election season not only for the country but for ASH.
- Oct 18: General Meeting at the Clubhouse
- Oct 21-22: Fall Classic competition judging
- Oct 28: ASHy Nominations Close Vote Here!
- Nov 1: Board meeting ASH Clubhouse
- Nov 5: Learn to Homebrew Day Brewout at Brewers Connection
- Nov 6: ASH Fall Festival
The ASH Board
I encourage all of you to consider serving on the board as it is a terrific way to help the club and its members. While multiple positions on the 2017 board will be open, I encourage you to run for any position – it is a good thing when we have more than one candidate per position.
The Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Vice President
- Communications Officer
- At-Large – Operations
- At-Large – Outreach
- Community Relations
- At-Large – Education & Competitions
- At-Large – Special Projects
If you think you may be interested I highly suggest you:
- Review the Club By-Laws and Board Positions & Descriptions on the ASH website
- Attend Nov. 1 board meeting to see what is involved
We ask that all nominees attend the Nov. 15 General Meeting where you will have the opportunity to speak about why you’re running for the position.
Serving on the board is a way to live up to our mission statement as we continue to:
Preserve and promote the time-honored tradition of homebrewing, and to recognize it as a true art form through information, education, and dedicated practice.
As always, I love to hear your comments and answer your quesitons. Contact me at email@example.com.