ASH hosts several levels of BJCP training and judge education. If you are interested in becoming on BJCP-credentialed judge or just want to learn more about beer styles and sensory analysis, check out the information below.
BJCP – Tasting Exam Prep Course
There will be a tasting exam prep course that meets about eight times during the 2-3 months before each tasting exam. The cost will be $5 per class.
Class topics will include:
- Beer Style Education
- Sensory and off-flavor training
- Beer faults and corrective actions
- BJCP Score Sheet Best Practices
- Practice judging beer
- Tips and Tricks for increasing your exam score
- Suggested “homework” (aka drinking different beer styles and writing score sheets)
See the Event Schedule for more information.
BJCP Written Exam
The BJCP Written exam is offered quarterly and available to judges with a tasting score of 80 or higher and 10 judging points (or a current national-rank judge). If you are interested in taking the written exam,
BJCP Mead Exam
If you are interested, please fill out this form. There will be a mead exam prep course leading up the exam.